5 Advantages of LED Lighting
LED lighting has changed a lot over the years. It’s now available for use anywhere inside or outside your home. But, the big advantage of LED lighting is how much you’ll save on your energy bill. Check out our top 5 advantages for using LED lights in your home.
- Energy efficiency - LED lights use about 50 percent less electricity than traditional incandescent, fluorescent and halogen options.
- Extended Life - Unlike incandescent lighting, LEDs don’t burn out. They merely dim over time. Quality LEDs have an expected lifespan of 30,000–50,000 hours or even longer, depending on the quality of the lamp or fixture. A typical incandescent bulb lasts only about 1,000 hours.
- Cold Temperature Friendly – LED lights work perfectly in cold climates. That’s reliability you can trust year-round in your security lighting or landscape lighting system.
- LEDs Are Dimmable - LEDs operate from 0% to 100%. At less than full power they get even more efficient. This also increases the total lifespan of the bulb.
- Color Options – Today’s LEDs offer a full spectrum of color options to match any lighting need from warm, soft light to bright daylight.