Top 5 Summer Home Electrical UpgradesSummer is a good time to consider making electrical upgrades around the home to improve safety, comfort ad convenience. Here are a few of the more popular electrical upgrades to consider.
1. Landscape and Security LightingLandscape lighting can be as simple as a new entryway fixture to more elaborate path lighting and motion detecting security lighting. Filling in the dark areas around your home will provide a welcoming environment for guests and increase your home's curb appeal.
2. Backup Power Generator SystemsExtended power outages have become more common, leading many homeowners to install backup power generators. Today's backup generators are reliable, safe and efficient. When the power goes out the generator automatically turns on and uses your home's natural gas line to power all of your lighting and appliances.
3. Ceiling FansCeiling fans are a great way to increase comfort by improving the airflow in your home. While they don't actually cool the air they help your cooling system work more efficiently by distributing the cooled air down to the living space.
4. Whole House Surge ProtectionBy installing surge protection at the service panel you can protect your entire home from damage caused by power spikes and lightening.
5. LED LightingLED lighting offers many advantages over conventional lighting, including low power consumption, long life, and lower heat output. While they are relatively expensive compared to CFL bulbs, expect the price to become more competitive in the next couple of years
Need electrical upgrades for your home? Call Clover Electric, our experienced electricians can handle any upgrade, big or small.