Security and Safety Lighting For Cleveland & Surrounding Communities
Installing the Best Security Lighting to Secure and Protect Your HomeIt's a well known fact that criminals are on the lookout for properties that are poorly lit and offer the cover of darkness to gain undetected entry to a home. At Clover Electric, we have many years of experience installing security lighting for homes throughout the Cleveland area. The best home security lighting is not just about having the brightest lights. Instead, the goal is to design a uniform area of illumination that reduces the number of dark areas in your yard and near the entry points to your home.
For the best protection we recommend the following security lighting:
- Install dual flood lights with motion detectors on all sides of the home
- Use in-wall timers or photocells on decorative outdoor fixtures to illuminate the house from dusk to dawn
- Landscape lighting should be on from dusk to dawn, many low cost solar lights do not have sufficient battery power to stay on for more than a few hours
- Outbuildings and walkways can be lit with high quality solar powered fixtures if electrical wiring is not practical
- When you're away from home for an extended period of time use light timers on a random schedule both inside and outside the home to make it look like someone is home
- Light fixtures that are close to the ground should be enclosed to prevent tampering
LED Security LightingLEDs offer many advantages for outdoor security and safety lighting: they're small and unobtrusive, can be adjusted to provide high or low intensity illumination and are much less expensive to operate than conventional light bulbs. The average LED lasts 50,000 to 100,000 operating hours or more... 2-4 times as long as most fluorescent, metal halide, and even sodium vapor lights. Switching to LEDs can result in a 60-75% improvement in overall energy efficiency. LEDs are ideal for outdoor conditions because they can withstand extreme temperature changes and have durable epoxy lenses, rather than fragile glass or plastic.
Security Lights With CamerasAs our homes have become more connected by smartphones, digital assistants and home automation devices, security lighting has become more advanced than ever. Need to monitor your property when you're away from home or keep an eye out for deliveries? Install LED security lights with built-in wireless HD cameras that detect movement and start recording so you can monitor activity in and around your home from your smartphone anytime, anywhere.
Call Clover Electric today for professional security lighting installation and discover a whole new level security, safety and comfort.